Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ann Taylor 40% off everything sale

{Glazed Lace Pencil Skirt}

Last week, I succumbed to Ann Taylor's 40% off sale again (I went a bit crazy here, purchasing an excessive four silk blouses, but haven't regretted it one bit!). I love the quality of the clothes, but rarely shop in the store as I tend not to find too many things I really have to have--some of the styles of pants (the wide-legged pants look horrible even on the models) and tops (people who know me know that I dislike cowl-necks!) are a bit questionable for me and stuffy feeling, and I just don't understand those cheap looking printed wrap dresses they always seem to have. I do, however, think it is a great place to find costume jewelry, great quality scarves, and simple basics in small sizes like camisoles, pants, skirts, and blouses. And I'm hoping that when my shoes come in the mail they fit me because they are so pretty and simple and well-cushioned (I tried them on in the store but they didn't have my size), and look like the perfect work pump. 

I ordered the Glazed Lace Pencil Skirt and Tweed Pencil skirt, because although I tend not to like pencil skirts, these two skirts have really unique details that I think keep them from being too boring. I love the lace overlay (as usual) on the first one, and the "flap detailing" and exposed zipper on the tweed skirt (I'm also a huge fan of tweed!).

{Tweed Pencil Skirt with Leather Zipper Pull}

I also ordered the patent pumps as a more sophisticated and classic alternative to the black platform pumps I wear pretty much every day, and the python pumps on a whim just to see what they look like in person.  I love neutral and monochromatic animal prints, and I love that these pumps are shades of gray, which would probably fit right into my current wardrobe.

{Perfect Patent Pump}

{Perfect Pump - Mini Python

I also had my eye on this blouse, I loved the gold buttons and mustard color, but couldn't get over the random trench flappiness going on at the shoulders.  I also loved these suede platforms which I was surprised to see because I think they're quite edgy for Ann Taylor.  They're pretty expensive and when I tried them on they felt really thin, like they'd stretch out a lot or fall off, which could result in some pretty traumatic ankle-bending embarrassing moments.  Also, the toe cleavage was a bit obscene.

{Silk Trench Shirt and Lucia Suede Platform Wedge}

Anyone else score anything at the sale?

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to try on my AT sale purchases!

    the glazed lace skirt looked really great on you!

    i was totally looking at that silk trench shirt too.. whyy are those trench flaps so flappy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...