Friday, September 2, 2011

Summer 2011 Bucket List revisited: #4, #6, #12

6. Eat my favorite summer treats: gelato, watermelon salad, blueberry pie

{gelato - I had pistachio, as always}

{watermelon & chevre in olive oil w/ salt & pepper}

{The majority vote for best blueberry pie in NY is from Briermere Farms, about 80 miles outside the city. Finding exceptional blueberry pie in NYC has been difficult, so I continue returning to the place that first sparked my blueberry pie search; Pearl Oyster Bar (Cornelia St & W 4th St) for their blueberry crumble a-la-mode.}

4. Try a new Jean Georges restaurant

I'm on a mission to try all of chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten's restaurants in NYC. On my last trip to Hawaii, it was a pleasant surprise to find a Jean-Georges restaurant on Kauai called Kauai Grill, & it happened to be the restaurant to watch the sunset over Hanalei Bay.


We had the hamachi appetizer, grilled onaga, nut & seed crusted moi (pictured below), & coconut panna cotta with fruit salad & lime sherbet for dessert.

12. Watch the sunset on my birthday at the St. Regis Princeville Resort on Kauai

{the sunset from Kauai Grill at the St. Regis}

It's been quite a good summer.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm gelato~

    http://purrincup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've done a good job of accomplishing the items on your bucket list!

    that blueberry pie looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an AMAZING summer - and I am so jealous of all your Kauai experiences...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...